TEXTILE & APPAREL INDUSTRY IN ROMANIA
Romania's historical background in the industry is rich in identity and ethnic belonging. We have built a strong industry over the years and reinvented it with each major innovation in the sector.
POWERFULL PRODUCTION CAPACITY
- Romania has more than 5.500 fully-equiped and functional factories.
- In the past 10 years the production capacities have mostly been renewed with European funds.
CHEAP LABOR & HARDWORKING PEOPLE
- Romania has the second lowest minimum wage out of 20 EU member states.
- Most workers tend to spend 15-20 years in the industry.
- Employees are properly trained regarding the newest technologies of the manufacturers.
- Geographically, Romania is situated in the southeastern part of Central Europe.
- The country benefits from the smooth, efficient, safe, and free movement of people and goods throughout the EU
- Romania has access to all modes of transportation: road, rail, water and air.
- The Port of Constanta is located at the crossroads of the trade routes linking the markets of the landlocked countries from Central and Eastern Europe with the Transcaucasia, Central Asia and the Far East. It is the main Romanian port and it ranks among the first 10 European ports.
EU COMMON COMMERCIAL POLICIES
- The aim of the common commercial policy is to contribute, in the common interest of the EU member states, including Romania, to development of world trade, the progressive abolition of restrictions on international trade, the lowering of customs barriers.
- The common commercial policy aims to apply uniform principles, particularly with regard to: changes in tariff rates, the conclusion of tariff and trade agreements with countries outside the EU, import policy, export policy, measures to protect trade such as those to be taken in the event of dumping or subsidies.
- Outsourcing to an EU member, as Romania, is therefore far simpler and more cost-efficient than in any part of the world.
- Romania complies with the strict environmental policies of EU. Comparing to some Asian countries choosing Romania to outsource your production might be a better choice, reducing the risk of an expensive environmental scandal.
- Most Romanian manufacturers are ISO 14001 certified.
HIGH QUALITY STANDARDS
- Romania complies with the quality policies of EU.
- Our manufacturers believe that quality is a must-have feature for a brand to grow and therefore they have aligned their practices towards total quality systems.
- Most Romanian manufacturers are ISO 9001 certified.